Open for Business

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Google and Yahoo side-by-side

Not nearly as cool as the application I was really impressed with a couple of days ago, but this one can certainly be useful in some cases. When I run a search on Google, sometimes I wonder what results Yahoo returns for that same search. So I open up another tab on Firefox and run the same search on Yahoo. Than I switch back and forth to compare the results. I often do that to see how we're doing, I run searches on things like PresentationServer. I don't have to do this anymore. A guy from Norway by the name of Asgeir Nilsen solved this problem for me.

Say Hi to YagooHoo!gle. Definitely not a name that sticks in the mind (I would have picked a shorter name like GooHoo!). However, it was useful enough for me to bookmark it.

Do you like it? Are you going to use it occasionally?

3 Comments:

  • I was planning on goohoo or yaoogle, but the domain names were taken ..

    By Blogger Asgeir S. Nilsen, at 12:37 AM  

  • Hi Asgeir,

    Bummer. That's too bad. Did you see this other cool way to compare Yahoo search results with Google's?

    By Blogger Omar Tazi, at 1:04 AM  

  • Great Blog you have here!
    I'm definitely going to bookmark this one.
    Do you know DOT WS (website) will be larger than DOT COM (commercial) ?
    Remember 800 phone numbers? Now you have 888 877 etc.
    Are you a visionary? I hope you are and decide to get in on something
    that will change your life! GDI is where its at.
    7 day free trial and no selling
    Want a short .WS domain name? Now you can get one and make affiliate $$$$$$$
    You get your own website
    Check this one out :-)car domaincar domain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home